Recipe by ladyfingers
Found this on the back of a Full Circle frozen Mahi Mahi fillet package. If you are low on time and need a quick, easy and tasty recipe, this will make you happy. The package recommends steamed jasmine rice and warm bok choy to round out the meal.
- 2 mahi mahi fillets, thawed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh gingerroot
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow glass dish, stir together the honey, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Season mahi mahi fillets with salt and pepper, and place them in the shallow dish.
- Cover, refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Reserving the marinade, remove fish and saute in pan for 4 to 6 minutes per side, turning only once, until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Remove fillets to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour reserved marinade into the skillet and bring to a boil to thicken to a glazed consistency.
- Spoon glaze over fish and serve immediately.