Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine (April/98). This is vegan and yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar or 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients except cornstarch and water.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, discard garlic and ginger.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into sauce.
- Simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to small bowl, cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.