1/6 Photos of Asian Garlic Sauce
From About.com...a garlicky sauce is a great way to add extra flavor to stir-fry dishes, particularly seafood dishes. The seasonings for garlic sauce are available in the international food section of many local supermarkets. Use the sauce in stir-fry dishes or any other Asian type dishes. Note: Instead of using 2 types soy sauce, I just use 2 tablespoons dark.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml rice vinegar
- 29.58 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml light soy sauce
- 14.79 ml dark soy sauce
- 9.85 ml chinese rice wine or 9.85 ml dry sherry
- 1.23-2.46 ml chili sauce (Sriracha to taste)
- 1.23 ml sesame oil
- 7.39 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml water
- 14.79 ml vegetables or 14.79 ml peanut oil
- 3-4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1Combine the rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauces, rice wine or sherry, chili sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl, stirring to combine. In a separate small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until aromatic (about 30 seconds).
- 3Quickly restir the sauce, add it into the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring. (This will take about a minute).
- 4Re-stir the cornstarch/water mixture and add it to the sauce, stirring to thicken. Refrigerate after use.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Garlic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (4 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 84.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: