Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
From About.com...a garlicky sauce is a great way to add extra flavor to stir-fry dishes, particularly seafood dishes. The seasonings for garlic sauce are available in the international food section of many local supermarkets. Use the sauce in stir-fry dishes or any other Asian type dishes. Note: Instead of using 2 types soy sauce, I just use 2 tablespoons dark.
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chinese rice wine or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili sauce (Sriracha to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon vegetables or 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 -4 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Combine the rice vinegar, sugar, soy sauces, rice wine or sherry, chili sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl, stirring to combine. In a separate small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until aromatic (about 30 seconds).
- Quickly restir the sauce, add it into the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring. (This will take about a minute).
- Re-stir the cornstarch/water mixture and add it to the sauce, stirring to thicken. Refrigerate after use.
This has just the right amount of spices, very easy to prepare......OUTSTANDING!!
Truly delicious and SO tangy, which we like. I also added a dollop of sweet chilli sauce, as well as the normal chilli sauce. Made for Asia and ZWT and accompanied Szechuan Cucumbers, My Thai Sesame Noodles and Salt and Pepper Prawns (Shrimp). Made for the Cheese and Whine Gang, merci encore. FT:-)
This tasted great- I just had some trouble with it "lumping up" and not wanting to mix into my fried rice. I will try less cornstarch as adding more water didn't help. Thanks for sharing - made for Xtra Hot Dishes of ZWT6.