Recipe by yooper
This takes almost no time to throw together, and the sauce really sings with the garlic and oriental seasonings!
Top Review by Malriah
I decided to throw it all in my crock. It worked well. My only complaint? Its Reeeally vinagar-y. I added about 1/2 cup of honey to cut the vinagar. It turned out great!! I also used red pepper flakes on accident but that accident was a successful one! Thanks for a great recipe Yooper!
- 1⁄2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons onion herb seasoning mix (such as Mrs. Dash)
- 1 tablespoon oriental sesame oil
- 3 large bay leaves
- cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk vinegar, chicken broth, garlic, soy sauce and pepper in small bowl to blend.
- Season chicken breast halves on both sides with seasoning mix.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and saute until golden, about 4 minutes per side.
- Pour vinegar mixture over chicken.
- Add bay leaves.
- Reduce heat to low, cover skillet and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate.
- Boil pan juices 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Spoon over chicken, discarding bay leaves.
- Serve with rice.