Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This recipe can also be made on the stove top using boneless skinless chicken thighs. Very easy and delicious. I recommend using low-sodium broth and soy sauce. Adapted from Canadian Living Comfort Cooking.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Brown chicken thighs and remove to crock pot.
- Add onion and garlic to crock.
- Whisk together chicken broth, black bean sauce and soy sauce; pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Whisk together cornstarch and a small amount of water and pour over chicken.
- Add red pepper slices, stir, cover, and cook another 30 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro.
I am really excited to be the first review. So easy, so different, so delightful. My husband wanted to drink the sauce it's so good. I'll save the leftover sauce to reheat as a dip for shrimp. Loved it. Thanks for the posting.