Recipe by piccola
I came up with this after eating stir-fried lettuce at a Chinese restaurant. It's a really quick and light lunch, and you can customize it to your taste.
- 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute, I use Morningstar Farms' Better Than Eggs)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- soy sauce, to taste
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat until well mixed. (Skip this if using egg substitute.).
- Cover a small pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. When hot, add garlic and scallions. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add lettuce and sauté until slightly wilted. Add beansprouts and stir. Lower heat to medium-low.
- Pour in egg mixture. Stir a little to allow uncooked egg onto the pan. Cover the pan and let sit for 3-5 minutes, until the omelette is set.
- Loosen omelette from pan and slip onto a plate. Garnish with sesame seeds (if using) and sprinkle with soy sauce.