Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this after eating stir-fried lettuce at a Chinese restaurant. It's a really quick and light lunch, and you can customize it to your taste.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat until well mixed. (Skip this if using egg substitute.).
- Cover a small pan with cooking spray and heat on medium. When hot, add garlic and scallions. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add lettuce and sauté until slightly wilted. Add beansprouts and stir. Lower heat to medium-low.
- Pour in egg mixture. Stir a little to allow uncooked egg onto the pan. Cover the pan and let sit for 3-5 minutes, until the omelette is set.
- Loosen omelette from pan and slip onto a plate. Garnish with sesame seeds (if using) and sprinkle with soy sauce.