Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Thai version of a Southern favorite. See my "Asian Dipping Sauce" recipe for accompaniment. .
- 1⁄2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon ketjap manis
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dried habanero chile, crushed
- peanut oil, to fry in
- Place the chicken in a plastic bag and add the sauces and the pepper. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate over night. A vacuum sealer will cause the sauces to penetrate more deeply but is not essential.
- Dredge the chicken in flour, then the egg white, and finally coat with the bread crumbs.
- Put about an inch of oil in a wok and bring to high heat. Gently and carefully slide the chicken in and cook, undisturbed, for two minutes. Once again, gently and carefully, turn the chicken and cook for two more minutes.