Recipe by peachy_pie
Light and freshly flavoured burgers. These are great to keep in the freezer for dinners or hungry teenager snack time! Try serving these on fresh bread rolls with shredded carrot, lettuce, cucumber, satay sauce, sweet chilli sauce or wasabi mayonnaise and sprouts for a very healthy and delicious dinner.
Top Review by GayeofPA
We have picky eaters at our house who want plain old hamburgers. But I wanted to try something different, and everyone liked this very much! I used dry herbs instead of fresh, and when I couldn't find coriander in any form, I used Old Bay seasoning. This is a great change from the mundane.
- 1 kg ground chicken or 1 kg ground turkey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 4 scallions or 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chile, finely diced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined - your hands will do the best job of this.
- Form into patties.
- At this step EITHER flash freeze by placing on a baking tray in the freezer until partially frozen and then packing into a plastic freezer bag to use at a later date OR cook over medium high heat in an oiled frying pan until cooked through.
- When defrosting, defrost in the fridge overnight and then continue to cook as above.