Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Taste of Home Cookbook : Rice noodles can be found in the Asian section of your grocery store. Otherwise, angel hair pasta makes a good substitute.
- 4 ounces asian rice noodles, uncooked or 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces frozen stir-fry mixed vegetables
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 beef flank steak, cut into thin strips (1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, soak noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the vegetable blend and carrots in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry beef in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles. Stir noodles and vegetables into beef mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nice recipe! This was quick and simple - just how I like it. I didn't have a bag of stir-fry veggies, so just used what I had left in the refer. Not hard during ZWT LOL. I used some broccoli, baby carrots, baby corn, onions, green pepper, and leftover flank steak. Thanks Boomette for a nice keeper. Made for ZWT9.
This was delicious! I used a bag of frozen mix stir-fry veggetables and added 1 red and 1 green bell pepper. I used the flank steak, simply because it was the most cost efficient of the steaks. I used a tenderizing mallet and pounded the steak before slicing it to make it more tender because my kids can't eat steak that is any kind of tough, they end up choking. The meat came out very tender. The taste was delicious. I served eggrolls that I had in the freezer alongside for a great asian dinner on Sunday for my daughter's birthday dinner. Thanks breezermom. Made for the Asian round of ZWT9 for team Tasty Testers.
This was delightful! I used a frozen bag of stir fry veggies, and added the carrots. I also used NY Strip Steaks instead of flank steak, because that is what I had in my freezer. Worked great. Just cut the strip of fat off of it, and proceeded as directed. Used curly soba noodles. Thanks so much for sharing!