Recipe by Boomette
From the Taste of Home Cookbook : Rice noodles can be found in the Asian section of your grocery store. Otherwise, angel hair pasta makes a good substitute.
Top Review by lazyme
Nice recipe! This was quick and simple - just how I like it. I didn't have a bag of stir-fry veggies, so just used what I had left in the refer. Not hard during ZWT LOL. I used some broccoli, baby carrots, baby corn, onions, green pepper, and leftover flank steak. Thanks Boomette for a nice keeper. Made for ZWT9.
- 4 ounces asian rice noodles, uncooked or 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces frozen stir-fry mixed vegetables
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, shredded
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 beef flank steak, cut into thin strips (1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, soak noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the vegetable blend and carrots in 1 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry beef in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles. Stir noodles and vegetables into beef mixture; heat through. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.