Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious recipe for a marinade for flank steak. It would probably be tasty on chicken or salmon (minus the pepper flakes), as well. I typically use reduced sodium soy. Time does not include marinating time! Enjoy!
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix all ingredient.
- Cover meat with sauce and marinate, flipping meat every hour or so.
- Marinate at least 4 hours, great if you marinate over night!
I only used 3 ingredients from the list and my steak was yummy! I used the soy sauce, brown sugar, and fresh garlic (I chopped 3 pieces). I sliced my huge steak into strips then added it and the marinade to a gallon Ziploc. My steak marinaded for about 1 hour before I cooked it.
My goodness! This recipe was so delicious and easy to prepare. It had just the right amount if red pepper flakes! I added a dash of rice wine vinegar as a meat tenderizer. It was fantastic and will be a part of our meals from now on
we LOVE this marinade!