Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I found and played with a bit - it's very tasty (probably because of that most Asian of ingredients, ketchup). This works well on the grill or on a broiler.
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic (~2 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup plum sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks (or other steak)
- Tenderize steak- you can use a commercial tenderizer solution, although a solution of baking soda will also tenderize meat.
- Alternately, you can pound on it with a meat tenderizer.
- Combine the cilantro, garlic, ginger, onion, ketchup, pineapple juice, plum sauce, and soy sauce.
- Marinate the steak for at least 3-6 hours, overnight if possible.
- Grill the steak, basting with the marinade.
- Simmer the remaining marinade for 5 minutes and serve over the steak.
Our favorite flank recipe right now. Didn't have green onion so I used regular, it was so good I keep on making it with it.
I love the way the stake taste IS GREAT!!!!