Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This flank steak comes out so delicious! It is so easy to make and you can put the marinade together, toss in the flank steak and toss in the freezer for an OAMC treat. The recipe comes from the Super Suppers cookbook.
- 2 lbs beef flank steak
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except steak in a large ziploc bag, close, and squish together to combine the the ingredients.
- Add the steak to the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place steak on grill and throw away extra marinade.
- Grill until you reach your favorite level of doneness.
- Let steak stand 10 to 15 minutes so that juices will redistribute.
- Slice meat across the grain into very thin slices.
My husband and I were crazy for this recipe. I wasn't able to marinate the steak as long as I should have but it was still awesome. I held on to a little bit of the sauce to cook our veggies with. We had halved grape tomatoes, long slices of green pepper, carrot, broccoli, bean sprouts and sugar snap peas. We served all of that along with the steak over thin asian noodles. Oh, and we added some chili sauce. It was an easy meal and tasted wonderful.
Extremely quick and easy. First tried at Super Suppers and loved it ever since.
Loved this steak. Easy to do, cooked on the KJ, four min. on each side and it was perfect. Served with Dang Cold Asian Noodle Salad (Guy Fieri).