Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This marinade has really interesting flavors.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup mint, minced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Trim fat from steak. Combine steak and next 6 ingredients (steak through garlic) in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag.
- Seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 8-12 hours, turning bag occasionally. Remove steak from bag, reserving marinade.
- Prepare grill or broiler. Place steak on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and cook 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.