Recipe by Abby Girl
This is summer entertaining at its' simplest!!
Top Review by Scoutie
Amazing flavor and texture! I have been making this ever since I saw it in the Bon Appetit July 1994 issue. I add a bit of minced garlic to the marinade and marinade it over night for the best flavor. Don't skip the the boiling of the marinade to pass along with the steak. Fantastic! Thanks for posting Abby Girl.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks, fat trimed
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the ingredients for the marinate. Add the steak and marinade in a zip lock bag and marinate, turning occasionally.
- Prepare barecue.
- Drain marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Grill steak for about 5 minutes per side for rare.
- Transfer steak to platter; let stand 10 minutes. Thinly slice steak across grain.
- Pass marinade as sauce.