- 1 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or 3 tablespoons apples, orange or 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from meat, place meat in plastic bagset in a shallow dish; for marinade, in a small bowl stir together beef broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, green onions, sherry or juice, sugar, ginger, and garlic; pour over meat,close bag and marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain meat, discarding the marinade; spray the unheated rack of a boilerpan with nonstick cooking spray; place steak on the prepared rack; broil 4 to 5 inches from heat to desired doness turning once; allow 12 to 14 minutes for medium OR grill the steak on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals to desired doness, turning once; to serve , thinly slice acrosss the grain, serve.