Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love flank this recipe is alittle different from the other asian flank steak recipes. The marinating time is not included. The recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens.com
- 1 1⁄4 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry or 3 tablespoons apples, orange or 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- nonstick cooking spray
- Trim fat from meat, place meat in plastic bagset in a shallow dish; for marinade, in a small bowl stir together beef broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, green onions, sherry or juice, sugar, ginger, and garlic; pour over meat,close bag and marinate in refrigerator for 4 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain meat, discarding the marinade; spray the unheated rack of a boilerpan with nonstick cooking spray; place steak on the prepared rack; broil 4 to 5 inches from heat to desired doness turning once; allow 12 to 14 minutes for medium OR grill the steak on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals to desired doness, turning once; to serve , thinly slice acrosss the grain, serve.
I marinated for 24 hours and this came out so tender! I skipped the beef broth.