Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Can be used on all types of meat, seafood and poultry. Not Emeril's, but a good subtitute. Can add a smidge of ground corriander and/or fennel.
- 3 tablespoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients, pressing out any lumps of brown sugar.
I just omitted the salt and followed the recipe. It's maybe a bit too much of chinese 5 spice powder. I may reduce it another time. It was just a bit spicy, it was just perfect for our taste. I used it on pork tenderloin which we grilled on the bbq. Thanks GailAnn :) Made for the Australian Recipe Swap for June 2011