- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 small yellow onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 inches fresh ginger
- 1 small green serrano chili, halved
- 2 lbs fresh fish bones, from white nonoily fish
- 12 cups filtered water or 12 cups mineral water
- 2 cups white wine
- 1 cup rice wine or 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat and add the onions, celery, ginger and serrano and saute until golden Add the fish bones and sweat for 10 minutes Add the remaining ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Simmer for 1 hour, partially covered Strain and refrigerate or freeze until ready to use I freeze in ice cube trays, and store the cubes in double ziplocks, until ready to use Ask your local fish store to save fish bones, for you.