1/1 Photo of Asian Fish Soup....my Way!
1 hr 20 mins
Happy Harry #2's Note:
This is such an quick and easy soup to make. I broke it down to make it simple to read, so don't be put off by length of directions. Time to make does not include making the rice or noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups bottled water
- 16 ounces fish balls (** I use shrimp & cod) or 16 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 2 1/2 cups green cabbage, thinly shredded, packed
- 10 ounces baby corn, large dice
- 4 scallions, diced (white separated from green)
- 10 medium mushrooms, large dice (remove stems, I use white or brown button)
- 3 -4 shrimp bouillon cubes (I use Knorr)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- steamed rice (optional)
- noodles (optional)
- lime juice, fresh (optional)
- 1Bring water to a boil with the bouillon in it.
- 2Lower to a simmer. Stir frequently until bouillon is dissolved.
- 3Add rest of ingredients(cut crabmeat into chunks) except scallions, lime and optional ingredients.
- 4Simmer for another 20 minutes. Remove from heat, add scallion whites and let stand another 15 minutes, covered before serving.
- 5In soup bowls, place either rice or noodles, add soup and a splash of lime.
- 6Garnish with scallion greens and enjoy!
- 7This reheats nicely so can be made early in the day. It also can be frozen without the rice or noodles. Add rice or noodles when reheating.
- 8Please do not add salt or soy sauce while cooking as the bouillon cubes already contain sodium.
- 9**If you are lucky enough to have fresh uncooked shrimp shells available(I save and freeze them), crush them into a paste with a bit of water and use them in place of bouillon. Taste after fifteen minutes of simmering, adding 1 tbls soy sauce & then add one or two bouillon cubes as needed.
- 10**Fish balls are about one inch balls made from fish,seasonings. There are many different types to choose from.
- 11All ingredients are available in Asian markets.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Fish Soup....my Way!
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.4
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shrimp bouillon cubes