Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe I found in Cook's Country magazine. If you like a little spice and something different - this is it! I make it every year and give it as Christmas gifts from my kitchen.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine cereal, sesame sticks, wasabi peas, chow mein noodles and peanuts in large bowl.
- Whisk butter and soy sauce in small bowl, then drizzle over cereal mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with ginger, garlic powder and cayenne and toss until well combined.
- Spread mixture over rimmed baking sheet and bake, stirring every 15 minutes, about 45 - 60 minutes. Until crisp!
- Cool to room temperature on paper towels.
This is delicious! I made a couple changes based on what I had on had and my family's preferences, but basically followed the recipe. Thanks so much.
My favorite snack!
Thanks to Best of 2011 Cookbook Official Game I picked this recipe to try.
I loved this snack! What a great spicy and sweet snack to have.
Would not change a thing!
WooHoo!! Just love different snack mixes, and this one is tasty, too! :) I added about 1/2 c. more of the wasabi peas and the peanuts, for good measure. I also added the dry spices to the melted butter/soy sauce combo, before pouring over all. I'm so glad I tried this party mix, and have tucked it away, so I can make it again! Thanks for sharing, K in LA.