Recipe by MizzNezz
I didn't know this was so easy to make! I've always loved it in Chinese restaurants, now I can have at home!
Top Review by Gretchin'
Excellent and easy. Made this for my Poppie who has stage 4 liver cancer and is rapidly losing his appetite and strength. Very difficult to get most foods down him, but he lapped this up! Used low-sodium broth since he can't have too much salt, pinch less soy sauce (the salt again), a hefty squeeze of lemon juice, as that is supposed to increase the appetite and help with dry mouth, and used chives from my garden instead of green onions for less "mouth feel." Also added a pinch of turmeric for color and health properties. Thanks so much for this. It was a real treat for him and he doesn't get those much anymore.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, mixed with 2 t water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped (the whole onion)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth and soy sauce to a boil.
- Slowly add cornstarch mix, stirring until thickened.
- Reduce to a simmer.
- Add eggs slowly, while stirring the soup in the same direction.
- The egg will spread and feather.
- Turn off heat and add the onions.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve at once.