1/1 Photo of Asian Egg Drop Soup
I love this soup! I used to buy the prepackaged seasoning for Egg Drop Soup at the grocery store until I found this recipe that is better and cheaper! Tastes just like what you would order at a restaurant and takes just minutes to prepare. I use chicken bouillon for the base most of the time and leave out the extra salt. Dried chives are good if you don't have fresh and any extras like thinnly sliced mushrooms or green onions are a great addition, but not necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Reserve 3/4 cup of chicken broth and pour the rest into large saucepan.
- 2Stir in salt, ginger and chives (and any optional veggies); bring to a boil.
- 3Combine reserved broth and cornstarch until smooth; add to boiling broth mixture.
- 4In a separate bowl whisk together eggs.
- 5Once broth is at a rolling boil, drizzle egg a little at a time into the broth.
- 6Egg should cook immediately.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Egg Drop Soup
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 943.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g