Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this soup! I used to buy the prepackaged seasoning for Egg Drop Soup at the grocery store until I found this recipe that is better and cheaper! Tastes just like what you would order at a restaurant and takes just minutes to prepare. I use chicken bouillon for the base most of the time and leave out the extra salt. Dried chives are good if you don't have fresh and any extras like thinnly sliced mushrooms or green onions are a great addition, but not necessary.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- Reserve 3/4 cup of chicken broth and pour the rest into large saucepan.
- Stir in salt, ginger and chives (and any optional veggies); bring to a boil.
- Combine reserved broth and cornstarch until smooth; add to boiling broth mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs.
- Once broth is at a rolling boil, drizzle egg a little at a time into the broth.
- Egg should cook immediately.
Soup tastes great and I love the simplicity of it.
I added water chestnuts and carrots to mine and loved it.
We enjoyed this quick and easy soup. I think this is the first time we have had ginger in Egg Drop soup and we liked the added flavor. Thanks Quest4ZBest. Bullwinkle.