Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Have always loved the ability to just "throw" a cake together and not have to worry about it. This time I did not have the usual crushed pineapple or yellow cake mix. I tried this mix and it was a real hit
- 16 1⁄4 ounces lemon cake mix (I used double pudding type)
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
- 20 ounces fruit salad, tropical*
- 4 ounces butter, melted (i stick, can use margarine)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9X13 baking pan.
- Pour in fruit salad with liquid and pie filling. Mix together.
- Sprinkle cake mix over top evenly.
- Top with nuts.
- Drizzle butter over it all.
- Top with coconut.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes.
- Enjoy as is or serve with a mango sorbet.
- * I used a mixture of pineapple, papaya(red and yellow), and guava in passion fruit juice.