Recipe by Wendy's Kitchen
A lovely light meal that is extremely healthy and full of flavour. You can also purchase cooked duck from your chinese take-away/restaurant and shred the meat instead of cooking the duck yourself. I am sure you could use chicken if preferred as well.
- 2 duck breasts, skin removed
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed and thnly sliced
- 100 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 red chile, deseeded thinly sliced
- 200 g Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 100 g bean sprouts, trimmed
- coriander leaves
- 20 g sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely frated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1⁄4 teaspoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- To make dressing combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, Add duck and cook 5 minutes each side. Remove and cover to stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine carrot, snow peas, sugar snap peas, and chilli in heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and drain immediately and refresh under cold water. Drain, return to bowl.
- Thinly slice duck across the grain. Add to carrot mixture along with cabbage, bean sprouts, shallots, coriander and almonds.
- Drizzle as much dressing over salad as you like and toss to combine.