Recipe by arroz241_11561377
I always double the sauce ingredients and serve this over rice and really enjoy the Asian flavor. This can also be used as an appetizer.
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, Low sodium
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion, with tops
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tails on.
- Combine sherry, 2 tsp of the cornstarch and 1/2 tsp sugar in bowl, stir in shrimp until well coated. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine soy sauce, water, vinegar, remaining 1/2 tsp each of the cornstarch and sugar and set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over med-high heat. Add green onion, ginger and garlic, stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp, stir fry 3 minutes, or until pink.
- Pour in soy sauce mixture, cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Garnish as desired, and serve as desired.