Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
For those of you who like Asian food, the following dipping sauces are posted below (hope you can understand them?!): Sesame Seed Dipping Sauce Ginger Dipping Sauce Lemon and Garlic Dipping sauce Soy and Ginger Dipping Sauce From Family Circle Step by Step New Asian Cookbook
- 100 g crush sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 3 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dashi, granules
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
ginger dipping sauce
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, grated finely
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 1 seeded finely chopped chili pepper
- SESAME SEED DIPPING SAUCE.
- Crush toasted sesame seeds until they form a paste, using mortar and pestle or a clean coffee grinder.
- Add 2 teaspoons of oil if necessary to assist in forming a paste.
- Mix paste with rest of ingredients.
- GINGER DIPPING SAUCE.
- Combine all ingredients.
- LEMON AND GARLIC DIPPING SAUCE DIPPING SAUCE.
- In a small bowl stir together 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons fish sauce and 1 tablespoon sugar until sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in 2 chopped small red chillis and 3 finely chopped cloves garlic.
- SOY AND GINGER DIPPING SAUCE.
- Combine 1 cup shoshoyu (Japanese soy sauce), 5cm (2 inch) piece peeled, finely grated ginger, 2 ts caster sugar in small bowl, mix well and serve within 15 minutes of preparation.
These were fantastic dipping sauces. I made a huge Asian picky night with a mix of both meat and fish and spring rolls and dim sum. I made up these sauces along with a few extra to go with. My family love when we have a big spread on the table so you can try a little of this and that and these sauces paired perfectly with our spread. A truly great variety and yummy tasting dipping sauces that go with so much. Thank You for posting as we will look forward to making these again on our next Asian night.