Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick dinner in a pouch with a flare of asian flavors. From fabulousfoods.com. This recipe is also great with fish; the only thing to change is the baking time to 20 minutes.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup rice (your choice)
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 2 green onions, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
- 12 about dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed (or minced)
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Rehydrate shitake mushrooms, drain and chop off the stems.
- Chop bok choy and green onion into small pieces.
- Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients. Spray 2 large pieces of aluminum foil with cooking spray or brush lightly with oil.
- Spread 1/2 of the rice on each of the foil pieces.
- Layer green onions, bok choy and mushrooms on top.
- Top with chicken and pour 1/2 the sauce over each packet.
- Close foil pouch by drawing sides straight up, roll down tops and fold ends inches.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
This was alright, but not a wow. The flavors were okay but nothing spectacular. Don't think we'll make this again.
Very easy, very tasty. This was a little spicy for the kids and I might use a lower sodium soy sauce next time, but I loved it. I worked well with substitutions also. I used canned mushrooms and dry ginger so I'm sure it's fantastic with the real ingredients.