Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Tired of green salad? Try cucumbers warm, with the tastes of peanut butter, ginger, and soy in this yummy dish!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled,seeded,and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- Process first 6 ingredients in an electric blender until mixture is smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan.
- Add peanut butter mixture, and toss gently.
- Spoon onto a serving platter; top with chopped cucumber and green onions.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Sharon, this went wrong at the blender stage, maybe the brand of peanut butter there to blame,I don't know, it turned into a strange think paste. I started over again, crushed the garlic, and mixed it by hand and I got a better result. Thought it missed some other flavors when I tasted the sauce and added some chili oil and sesame oil last. The cucumber added a nice refreshing touch.
Having eaten similar peanut pasta dishes before, this salad immediately caught my attention with its creative combination of ingredients. It was very easy to prepare and looks very attractive on the plate, but the taste was a bit too sour and salty to me. There was a lot of tang and not quite enough of the blend of flavors I had been expecting. I'm sorry - I really thought I would enjoy this more.
i made this twice- it was okay , a thick peanut flavored sauce