- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and peeled
- 3 1⁄4 inches thick slices fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- 1 small red onions, white onion or 1 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 English seedless cucumbers, trimmed of ends, cut in half lengthwise then thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 lb Baby Spinach, washed thoroughly
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water, vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes and tamari in a small saucepot over medium-high heat, bring up to a bubble and simmer one minute. Remove and discard the garlic and ginger.
- Place the sliced onions in a salad bowl and pour the hot mixture over them. Let it sit until cool.
- Add the cucumbers and spinach to the salad bowl, toss to combine then season with salt and pepper to taste.