Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for ZWT6 - Asian Regions. Found on a grocery recipe card located in Harris Teeter. This is such a refreshing salad and very reasonable on caloric intake.
- 1 seedless cucumber, shredded and drained
- 1 cup carrot, shredded (250 ml)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced (125 ml)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted salted cashews (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- In a medium bowl combine cucumber, carrots, red bell pepper, and onion.
- In another small bowl combine the ingredients for the sesame dressing and whisk together.
- Pour dressing over cucumber mixture and chill until chilled. Add cashews just before serving and toss.
Very good! I used a small Maui onion instead of green onions and left out the sesame seeds. I loved the cashews in this. It's so good....I'm making it again for tonight's dinner. Made for Zaar 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2012.
I made the slaw in the morning for tonights tea and when I first tasted I had my doubts but after been well chilled I had another taste and had to refrain myself from eating more to make sure there would be enough for our dinner tonight. Thank you HokiesLady, made for Went To Market. UPDATE - we had this for dinner and 3 of us polished of the lot absolutely delicious, it was the only side we had and honestly think I could have made more and it still would have been eaten.
A very nice slaw variation! The dressing on this was wonderful - great flavor and a good complement to the salad. The cashews added a nice finishing taste. Thanks for sharing!