Recipe by HokiesMom
Posted for ZWT6 - Asian Regions. Found on a grocery recipe card located in Harris Teeter. This is such a refreshing salad and very reasonable on caloric intake.
Top Review by nemokitty
Very good! I used a small Maui onion instead of green onions and left out the sesame seeds. I loved the cashews in this. It's so good....I'm making it again for tonight's dinner. Made for Zaar 1-2-3 Hits Tag Game 2012.
- 1 seedless cucumber, shredded and drained
- 1 cup carrot, shredded (250 ml)
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced (125 ml)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted salted cashews (60 ml)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine cucumber, carrots, red bell pepper, and onion.
- In another small bowl combine the ingredients for the sesame dressing and whisk together.
- Pour dressing over cucumber mixture and chill until chilled. Add cashews just before serving and toss.