Recipe by ellie_
Recipe source: Prevention magazine
Top Review by Pesto lover
This is an excellent recipe. The flavor is just perfect. I doubled it and used a serrano chili, since I couldn't find a thai chili. It was a hit with all. Thanks for sharing the recipe, which I will definitely make again. Made for ZWT6.
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 thai chili pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mint, chopped
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat place vinegar and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until reduced to 1 1/2 tablespoons. Pour into serving bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and ginger.
- Add cucumber, basil and mint. Toss.