Recipe by VNess
Compliments warm and spicy Asian foods, grilled meats, and great by itself! Even better the second day after it marinates in the fridge...if it lasts that long :-)
Top Review by ConnieBella76
I made this recipe with two modifications, I did not have crushed red pepper, so I used sweet garlic chili paste instead, and I also added 1/2 tsp minced garlic to the dressing...it was amazing! I served it over mixed baby greens with grilled beef teriyaki steak bites.....soooo good!
- 1 3⁄4 cups julienne-cut English cucumbers (about 1 large)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup bell pepper, strips
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cucumber in a colander; sprinkle with salt. Toss well. Drain for 20 minutes. Combine cucumber and bell pepper in a medium bowl.
- Combine vinegar, ginger, and oil, stirring with a whisk. Pour over cucumber mixture; toss gently to coat. Stir in crushed red pepper and black pepper.