Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Compliments warm and spicy Asian foods, grilled meats, and great by itself! Even better the second day after it marinates in the fridge...if it lasts that long :-)
- 1 3⁄4 cups julienne-cut English cucumbers (about 1 large)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup bell pepper, strips
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place cucumber in a colander; sprinkle with salt. Toss well. Drain for 20 minutes. Combine cucumber and bell pepper in a medium bowl.
- Combine vinegar, ginger, and oil, stirring with a whisk. Pour over cucumber mixture; toss gently to coat. Stir in crushed red pepper and black pepper.
I made this recipe with two modifications, I did not have crushed red pepper, so I used sweet garlic chili paste instead, and I also added 1/2 tsp minced garlic to the dressing...it was amazing! I served it over mixed baby greens with grilled beef teriyaki steak bites.....soooo good!
I made these to top Wasabi Tuna Burger With Thai Style Cucumbers and they were flavorful and crisp. I may try to cut them into ribbons the next time for a different plating option.
I made this for dh and his grand parents recently for the my three chefs game. The only changes I made was to omit the ginger, and to use tomatoes in the salad. Really refreshing, and easy. Thanks so much!