Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I am still trying to find a recipe that comes close to the Shanghai Cucumber dish at PF Chang's. I just found this on another website and here is what the chef had to say: "I am experimenting with cucumbers since I ate this cucumber thing at PF Chang's. This one is better than the first one and as close as I have gotten to PF Chang's cucumber appetizer. When you have drained the sauce that they are marinating in, try to pour some of the sauce over brown rice. It is really good!"
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise into 1/4-inch pieces and cut each piece in half then cut the halves lengthwise into thin strips.
- Place them into a bowl and set aside.
- Place the soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar and sugar into a small container with a secure lid.
- Put the lid on and shake to create the vinaigrette dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumber and toss to coat.
- Cover and marinate for 1 hour, stirring once or twice.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds on top.
Sweet, salty, crunchy, and refreshing.