Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
A flavorful Asian spaghetti dish with chunks of chicken and flavored with peanut butter, honey, ginger, cardamom, soy sauce and a touch of heat from crushed red pepper flakes. It is similar to a cross between Thai noodles and Chinese Lo Mein. Note: For the green onions, I sliced the green tops into 1-inch sections and sliced the whites into 1/4-inch sections. I also used 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes and found the amount of heat to be just right, but if you don't want it to be as spicy, use only a 1/4 teaspoon. Created for RSC #13.
Top Review by katew
I just did the chicken part of this recipe to put in a warm salad and it was marvellous. Picky DD ate the lot - 2 serves in fact !! I let the chicken 'sit' overnight and we enjoyed the great flavours.
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti as directed on the package.
- Heat sesame and canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cube the chicken breasts and stir fry in skillet until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, put the ginger, cardamom, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey and crushed red pepper flakes into a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute or until mixture has melted and is easy to blend. Whisk in the chicken broth.
- Drain spaghetti and add to chicken. Sprinkle chopped green onions over top of spaghetti. Pour sauce over all and toss to coat. Increase burner to medium-high and stir fry until excess juices are gone, about 3 - 5 minutes.