Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
This was GREAT! My husband is always telling me NOT to cook couscous because he hates it, but that doesn't stop me from trying once in a while lol. He actually liked this one! I added a bit of sweet asian chili sauce, and some sesame oil and I eyeballed most of the other ingredients. It was simple and tasted great with our Orange Teryiaki Chicken!
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry couscous
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 dash lemon juice (eyeball it)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil until tender. Remove from oil.
- Boil chicken broth. When broth has reached a boil, add cous cous and remove from heat.
- Stir in onions and garlic.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and let cous cous sit for five minutes.
- Serve immediately.