Recipe by joythewannabefoodie
A recipe handed down from my mom. The sauce is great with white rice. I hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Husker Fan
This was a very good recipe. The meat was so moist and tender! My family devoured it in no time. My DH who is very picky stated "This is a keeper"!! Thank you very much for this wonderful recipe
- 2 Cornish hens (medium or large)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- fresh lemon juice (from half of a lemon)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large container, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar and garlic. Marinate hens for 30 minutes.
- Place hens along with the marinade in a baking dish. Cover with tin foil and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove tin foil after 1 hour and continue to cook for another 15-25 minutes. (until the hens are lightly browned and the juices run clear).
- Please note: Make sure to baste for the last 15-25 minutes of the cooking time.