Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can use canned mandarin oranges in place of fresh, and add in a bit of sugar to the dressing. Plan ahead this salad needs to chill for a minimum of 3 hours.
Top Review by rosslare
Very nice and colorfull slaw. I liked the idea of mandarins and peanuts in it. The only problem was, the dressing was very mild and even after refrigerating for hours, the endresult was somewhat bland. I fortified it up with more vinegar and some sugar. But, I think it needs bit more than that.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (heaping)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 7 cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 -7 green onions, chopped
- 6 -8 ounces snow peas, stringed and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 mandarin oranges, separated into sections (can use more)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (can use more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the first 5 ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl mix together cabbage all all remaining veggies (except the oranges and peanuts).
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat (you might not want to use the whole amount of dressing).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours.
- Just before serving add/mix in the peanuts and mandarin oranges.