1/2 Photos of Asian Coleslaw
I guarantee when you taste this you will be making this all the time! If you are not a lover of sesame oil then just use 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, to make things easier you may use packaged coleslaw mix or broccoli slaw, I suggest to pour the dressing onto only the salad you will be using right away as it tends to get soggy if left in the fridge with the full amount of dressing ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots (peeled and finely julienned)
- 6 -7 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- black pepper (optional and to taste)
- chopped peanuts (or use toasted ramen noodles or toasted sunflower seeds, see note on bottom)
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (use semi-heaping tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (if you are a garlic-lover then use 1-1/2 tablespoons)
- 1In a medium bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients until well blended.
- 2In a large bowl toss together cabbage, red bell peppers, carrots, green onions and cilantro.
- 3Pour the dressing over and toss to combine.
- 4Season with black pepper if desired.
- 5Top with chopped peanuts.
- 6*NOTE* if you are using ramen noodles they must be toasted to avoid turning soggy in the coleslaw.
- 7Slightly chop the noodles.
- 8Place on a baking sheet.
- 9Bake at 350°F for about 8-10 minutes, tossing once or twice while baking.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Coleslaw
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.0
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 249.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar