Recipe by Miryam MS, RD
Super simple and tasty salad that you would love to make over and over again.
Top Review by DPar
I made this recipe because I had all the ingredients however there is a missing item. It says on the directions to add canola oil to the vinegar however it is not listed so I added about 1/3 cup of oil to the vinegar, some soy sauce and sugar to taste. The result was amazing and everyone loved it. There were left overs which I was excited to take to work but woke up this morning and my husband had stayed up late and ate the rest of it. He said please make this again. Another thing is in this recipe you don't add the seasoning packet from the ramen noodles which mow makes this recipe vegetarian, an added bonus if someone in your family is vegetarian.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 small red onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package ramen noodles
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush ramen noodles inside the bag. Saute noodles and walnuts with olive oil in a pan at medium- high heat until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Mix sunflower seeds, slaw, and red onion.
- Add cooled noodles and walnuts mixture as well as the vinegar and canola oil to the slaw salad.
- Mix well and serve.