Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so good. This is another one of those wonderful recipes I got from Mrs. Betty.
- 2 (3 ounce) packages beef-flavor ramen noodles
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages coleslaw mix
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- Remove flavor packets from soup mix, and set aside; crush noodles.
- Place noodles in bottom of a large bowl.
- Top with slaw mix; sprinkle with almonds, sunflower kernels and green onions.
- Whisk together contents of flavor packets, sugar, oil, and vinegar and pour over slaw.
- Cover and chill 24 hours.
- Toss before serving.
Excellent salad. Don't stir it for 24 hours so the noodles have time to soften though. Will be making this one again and again!
So easy and so yummy! It held up overnight and made good leftovers.
This was a big hit at our annual 4th of July party. I used oriental flavored noodles instead of the beef flavored. I also replaced about 3 tablespoons of the vegetable oil with sesame oil and used apple cider vinegar instead of the white vinegar. I didn't add the salad dressing until about half an hour before serving to keep the cole slaw and noodles more on the crisp side. Delicious! Thanks for sharing.