Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
From a magazine. Has nuts, jalpeno, cilantro...mmmmm! Serve with steamed rice.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the canola oil. When it begins to shimmer, add the chopped shallot and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the jalapeno and lime zest, then pour in the coconut milk. Add the sugar and season generously with salt and bring to a simmer.
- Add the shrimp and cook. stirring frequently, until opaque, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Spoon the shrimp and the sauce over steamed rice. Sprinkle with the peanuts and serve.
It was good.
This is so easy but awesome!!! A friend has this recipe but will not give it out to anyone. I found it here!! Thanks Oolala!