Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This would be great for a holiday meal, or anytime! If you can find them, use blood oranges. They are just coming into season! Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine.
- 29.58 ml agave syrup (or honey)
- 22.18 ml lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 14.79 ml soy sauce (preferably low sodium)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 2 oranges (try blood oranges of you can find them)
- 1 grapefruit
- 118.29 ml arugula, coarsely chopped (or substitute spinach or endive, or your favorite salad greens)
- 1 shallot, peeled, thinly sliced crosswise and loosened into strands (1/4 cup-or use red onion)
- 14.79 ml fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 29.58 ml roasted peanuts, crushed (or dry roasted almond slivers)
- 14.79 ml toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- To make Dressing:.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Taste for balance of sweet, sour, salty, and spicy, aadjusting seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- To make Salad:.
- Slice the ends off the oranges and grapefruit. Stand fruit on a cutting board, and slice away the skin and pith from outside with a knife.Cut fruit into segments, removing membranes, and move to a bowl. Toss lightly with arugula, shallot, and mint.
- Toss with the dressing. Serve garnished with nuts and sesame seeds. Enjoy!