This would be great for a holiday meal, or anytime! If you can find them, use blood oranges. They are just coming into season! Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml agave syrup (or honey)
- 22.18 ml lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 14.79 ml soy sauce (preferably low sodium)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 2 oranges (try blood oranges of you can find them)
- 1 grapefruit
- 118.29 ml arugula, coarsely chopped (or substitute spinach or endive, or your favorite salad greens)
- 1 shallot, peeled, thinly sliced crosswise and loosened into strands (1/4 cup-or use red onion)
- 14.79 ml fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 29.58 ml roasted peanuts, crushed (or dry roasted almond slivers)
- 14.79 ml toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
- 1To make Dressing:.
- 2Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Taste for balance of sweet, sour, salty, and spicy, aadjusting seasonings as needed. Set aside.
- 3To make Salad:.
- 4Slice the ends off the oranges and grapefruit. Stand fruit on a cutting board, and slice away the skin and pith from outside with a knife.Cut fruit into segments, removing membranes, and move to a bowl. Toss lightly with arugula, shallot, and mint.
- 5Toss with the dressing. Serve garnished with nuts and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Citrus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.4
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 600.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: