1/4 Photos of Asian Chuck Pot Roast With Veggies and Udon Noodle
An Asian inspired meal using Thai sweet chili sauce which is sweet and has slight heat. If you want it hot add a couple thai chilies to the crock pot. Lemongrass, ginger, garlic to kick up the flavor. Sichuan pepper has slight lemony overtones and creates a tingly numbness in the mouth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast (Mine just fit in the oval crock-pot)
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 15 ounces Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 small onion, rough chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 inch fresh ginger, rough chopped
- 1 inch lemongrass, tender part sliced
- 1 cup water
- Thai chile
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks size
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb shiitake mushroom, stem removed and sliced
- 2 -3 cups broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 lbs udon noodles (I purchase the cooked ones in the refrigerator section)
- 1Season meat with pepper and very lightly salt. I didn`t salt because the soy and hoisin has plenty of sodium.
- 2In a hot pan brown the meat in oil until well seared on all side.
- 3Combine Sauce ingredients except for water in a blender, blend till smooth.
- 4Place sauce in crock pot stir in water. Place browned meat into liquid.
- 5Add optional thai chili`s if desiring extra heat.
- 6Place lid on and cook for about 4-6 hours in crock-pot on high.
- 7Remove meat, (it should be very tender and fall apart) placing on a plate cover to keep warm.
- 8Add the carrots, peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli.
- 9Cover and cook another 5-15 minutes until desired texture of veggies is reached.
- 10Toss in fresh udon noodle mixing in to heat and combine with veggies.
- 11Place noddle mixture on a platter and top with meat.
- 12Garnish with green onions, cilantro, and or basil, and serve.
- 14Shred beef while the veggies cook and stir into the noodle mixture.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asian Chuck Pot Roast With Veggies and Udon Noodle
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.4
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 112.5 mg
- Sodium 3597.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 53.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: