Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pork chops with a mix of nutty, sweet and salty flavors. The amounts listed are estimates since I didn't actually use any measurements while creating this one. Feel free to make adjustments according to your taste. Also, cooking times are estimates as well since I was not timing myself while preparing this dish either.
- 4 pork chops
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 3 -4 dashes ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons Smart Balance omega cooking oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, quartered and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 2 pinches sugar (optional)
- Mix soy sauce and giner in a large bowl using a whisk.
- Add chops, stir by hand to coat fully and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat, add Omega oil and then chops. Be sure to shake excess soy sauce off chops and discard marinade.
- Brown chops on both sides, being sure to cook meat fully.
- Remove chops and set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to pan, then chicken broth to deglaze.
- Cook onions and garlic in broth over medium heat till onions begin to soften. Add sliced apples and cook till they just begin to soften as well.
- Add sesame oil, pepper and peanut butter to pan, stirring till peanut butter is desolved.
- Taste and stir in 2 pinches of sugar if flavor is too salty for your liking or if you prefer a little more sweetness to the sauce. This will depend greatly on the saltiness of your broth.
- Place chops back into pan and cook while stirring till sauce forms into a nice gravy.
- Remove mixture from pan to a large platter and serve hot.