Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so different with a cool mix of textures and flavors! Offer crisp breadsticks and iced green tea as accompaniments. Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine.
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 8 ounces oriental style baked tofu, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cooked shelled edamame
- 1⁄2 cup hot green wasabi peas
- 1⁄2 cup roasted soybeans
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- asian-style dressing
- Squeeze diced cucumber to remove excess moisture.
- In separate bowl, combine tofu, red pepper, edamame, peas and soy nuts.
- Add cucumber, and sprinkle salad with ginger and sesame seeds.
- Toss with desired amount of your favorite Oriental style salad dressing.
I loved all the different tastes and textures of this salad! I used a sesame/ginger tofu, sesame/ginger dressing and left out the minced ginger. I also increased the edamame because I love them! The crunchy soybeans and crisp cucumber paired with the wasabi peas... wonderful! Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe, Sharon! I will be making it often. :)