Recipe by KmartKlutz
Speedy and practical! Perfect for a sultry summer night! This recipe was published in Family Circle 8/9/05
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this for the Unrated Asian Recipe Tag July-August 2009. I had left over Costco chicken and used it for the chicken. I did cut the recipe in half but used a little more onion (love onion) and a little less sauce in the wrap. This made a nice refreshing lunch and I served it with a side of fruit. Thank you.
- 3⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced thinly
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 large scallions, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 6 flour tortillas, burrito-sized
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, wisk together peanut butter, water, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, ginger, and hot pepper sauce. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, red pepper, cucumber, and scallions. Mix in 1 1/2 cups of the peanut sauce. Reserve any remaining sauce.
- Heat tortillas following package directions. Place about 1 cup of the chicken mixture on each tortilla and roll up. Serve any additional sauce on the side.