Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a simple quick meal to prepare a great one if your late in from work or you don't want to fuss and you end up with a great tasting meal in the end. I served this along with other Asian dishes we also had vegetable fried rice and ribs. If making as is it would well with just planes steamed rice or what I think is nicer is egg fried rice, but take your pick. I usually top with sliced green onions but I had used them all and hadn't realised so I have listed it in the ingredients below anyway.
Top Review by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
Absolutely delicious! I had only 3 chicken breasts, so I added in some carrots and a few broccoli florets otherwise followed the recipe. Next time I think I shall add in a pinch of red chilli flakes. Served it with fried rice, everybody enjoyed it! Thank you, The Flying Chef, for sharing this wonderful recipe, definitely will be making it again!
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 shallots, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150 g mushrooms, quartered
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 50 ml water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat peanut oil in a wok, add chicken and cook until chicken is brown, remove and set to one side.
- Add sesame oil to pan, add shallots, mushrooms and garlic stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Return chicken to pan along with sauces, water and sugar, stir-fry until mushrooms are soft and everything is heated through.
- It is nice served over egg fried rice.