Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Tasty morsels of chicken in yummy chili sauce - but not hot. This recipe is pictured with Japanese Salad for 2 (Low Carb) and Lotus flowers.
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced bell pepper (any color)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- In a small bowl combine garlic, chili flakes, oyster sauce, lime juice, Chinese 5 spice,brown sugar and set aside.
- In a hot skillet or wok heat oil and sauté onion for 1 minute. Add chicken and sauté for approximately 3 minutes - add celery and peppers and continue to sauté for an additional 5 - 6 minutes until chicken is cooked but not over cooked.
- Add sauce and evenly coat the mixture - stir until completely heated - add Coconut milk and let gently simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve over a bed of rice vermicelli or heated sprouts for low carb meals and rice for non low carbers.