Recipe by larchie
Adapted from a recipe book, this is low-fat and low-calorie, and very healthy. Go ahead and get everything ready ahead of time, as this dish will move quickly once you get started. Excellent one dish meal, can serve with or without brown rice... you also might want to add additional soy sauce to taste.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed into 1-inch chunks (1 lb total)
- 2 slices gingerroot, fresh and 1/4-inch thick
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup roasted cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornstarch, chicken stock, sherry, soy, and tabasco in small bowl.
- Heat oil in hot skillet/wok (med high to high heat). Once oil hot, add chicken and ginger; stir constantly until chicken white; remove ginger, push chicken (as best you can) to side.
- Add broccoli, red pepper, mushrooms, scallions, and garlic to center of wok. Cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth mixture mixture to the vegetables and chicken (stir chicken back in). Stir until sauce thickens a bit.
- Sprinkle with nuts, serve over rice if desired, and eat.